Food Industry Management
...educating tomorrow's leaders
World-class industry ... great opportunities.
. . . for your first job and your career
- The food industry employs one in six workers in the United States. Food and consumer products companies- both large and small- are some of the most progressive employers you'll find.
- Strong demand is assured for Food Industry Management graduates.
- Career opportunities focus on marketing, sales, distribution, plant management, retailing, wholesaling, purchasing and human resource management.
- Many of our graduates go on to start their own businesses.
- Promotions and professional development typically come early and often.
. . . at leading firms
- Kraft Foods
- Campbell Soup
- Procter & Gamble
- General Mills
- Walt Disney
- Spartan Stores
. . . real world, hands-on experience
- Faculty work closely with food companies, so you'll learn about current market-place trends.
- Executives frequently share their expertise in classes. Field trips, internships and work experiences are important parts of the program.
- The Food Marketing Association - our active student group - meets regularly with food business executives. Members attend industry meetings, including the world's largest food show in Chicago.
. . . personal attention and the prestige of a major university
- We care about our students. Your professors and your advisor will know you by name, and will help you succeed at MSU.
- Tailor your education to meet your needs - take electives in business, packaging and food technology and more.
Call 517-432-5298 or write to:
Food Industry Management Program
Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics Department
Agriculture Hall, 446 W. Circle Dr., Room 1
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1039